30 Oct Asian Bok Choi Hot PotPrint
Asian Bok Choi Hot Pot
- 70g rice noodle vermicelli, cooked according to the packet instructions and aside
- 70g sliced fresh Shiitake mushrooms or closed cup mushrooms
- I carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 6 fresh baby corn sliced length-ways
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely sliced
- 3 cups (preferably low sodium) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (preferably low sodium) tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Ground black pepper.
- 50 g roughly chopped bok choi
- I spring onion finely sliced
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Assemble all your ingredients on the kitchen bench
- Spray a pan with a tiny bit of oil and sauté the mushrooms until tender, adding a little water if necessary to prevent them sticking.
- Now add the broth
- Heat the broth and when boiling add the soy sauce, garlic powder, sweetcorn, carrots and bell pepper and simmer till they are just tender.
- Add the vermicelli, spring onions, cooked mushrooms, black pepper and serve with chopped fresh coriander
- Before serving add 1/2 cooked lentils per person for better blood sugar and hunger control