Amazing Spelt Bread - Vegan Wellness Coach
30 Oct Amazing Spelt Bread
Posted at 01:55h Print
- 500 gr spelt flour (more gentle on your system as wheat)
- 1 tsp quick yeast (one sachet)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 400 ml warm water
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds or walnuts
- Grease and lightly flour your bread/loaf tin. I actually used a non-stick lining paper. The loaf just lifted out of the tin
- In a large bowl mix up your dry ingredients: flour and yeast, then add salt, sunflower and pumpkin seeds or walnuts.
- Create a hole in the middle and gradually mix in the warm water while stirring. The dough has to be sticky and wet, so don’t add any extra flour.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and place somewhere warm and snugly for 45 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 220 and flour your work top.
- Take the puffed up dough and knead for 5-10 minutes. The dough should still be sticky.
- Place the dough into your bread tin, sprinkle with some extra seeds and pop in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Depending on your oven, after 20 minutes maybe you should turn it down to 200C if the top gets too dark.
- The loaf should be a light brown colour when ready. Not dark and burnt, like my first attempt.
- Let it cool down before taking it out of the tin.