Baked Sweet Potato & Peppers - Vegan Wellness Coach
30 Oct Baked Sweet Potato & Peppers
Posted at 01:22h Print
- 1 big sweet potato
- 2 peppers
- 4 shallots or red onions
- Some small amount of olive oil to spray over vegetables
- Few leaves of fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- dried marjoram
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Wash the sweet potato and slice it up.
- Peel the shallots/ spring onions and halve lengthwise.
- Wash the two peppers and cut into strips
- Get an ovenproof dish and oil bottom with a small spray of olive oil.
- Add a 1/4 cup of vegetable stock into the bottom of the dish
- Arrange the sweet potato slices, peppers and shallots in alternating rows and season with salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Tuck a few pieces of rosemary in between the vegetables.
- Spray a small amount of olive oil over the dish.
- Pop in the oven for around 40 minutes to 1 hour. Turn dish halfway through, taste and season if needed
- Serve with a small amount of cooked quinoa.
- 1/2 cup cooked per person. Quinoa has good quality protein and fibre.