- 1 Cup raw cashews
- Tap water to cover
- 1 Cup or less filtered, tap or still mineral water
- 1 pinch salt [optional]
- You need a REALLY good, high speed blender for this or you end up with a grainy mess.
- Soak your cashews in boiling water for a couple of hours or overnight
- Rinse and repeat if you soaked it for just a few hours
- Now place drained cashews and pinch of salt into blender and top with just enough water to cover. If you want it to be liquid, add more water
- Blend like crazy for a few minutes until you have your desired consistency
- Depending on the amount of water you use, you either end up with a liquid cream or with a thick clotted cream consistency. Either way, this is heavenly food from the Gods and can be used for both savoury or sweet dishes. Try adding some garlic and yeast flakes, or for a dessert add vanilla and perhaps stevia or erythritol. I use this in many of my soups, stews and casseroles or as a side serving to my desserts.
- You can swap the cashews and use macadamia nuts or sunflower seeds instead.
- Some people simply place cashews into boiling water for 20 minutes and then blend. It works. But I found if you soak them for longer you get a creamier consistency.
In short: This can be used for savoury or sweet dishes