- 1 head of broccoli, or 3 cups of cut up broccoli
- 1/2 cauliflower, or 2 cups of cut up cauliflower
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, depending on your preference
- 2 teaspoons organic vegetable stock powder
- 4 cups water
- 1 handful soaked and rinsed cashews. Best if soaked for at least 2 hours.
- Wash all your vegetables very thoroughly and cut into small pieces
- Place vegetables into a pot or into soup maker (I love soup makers and will write about them in a post)
- Add the garlic cloves
- Add the stock powder
- Add 4 cups water, or 4 cups home-made vegetable stock, but then omit the stock powder
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the handful of soaked and rinsed cashews and blend with a handheld stick blender or let the soup maker do the work for you.
- Adjust seasoning with black pepper and sea salt if needed
- Ready to be enjoyed on its own or with a few chickpeas in it for extra protein, texture and fibre.