For 6 scones. About 100 calories each
- 1/2 cup [118mls] non-dairy unsweetened milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 and 1/4 cup [150g] chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 a teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt [optional]
- Spices [I added Nigella seeds..also called black cumin]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pureed cooked apple instead of oil
The original recipe called for 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Preheat oven to hot. 425F / 210C
- Line a baking sheet with paper.
- Mix the milk and the vinegar.
- Let it stand for 2-3 minutes and it will curdle for you.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Then add the fruit puree to the curdled sour plant milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well!
- Then take the lined oven tray and drop 6 servings onto it.
- Place into the hot oven for about 12 minutes or until it rises and gets golden brown.