- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion, sautéed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small handful flat leaf parsley
- 1 small handful fresh coriander
- Spices: cumin, chili cardamon, black pepper, salt, cayenne and whatever else you love
- 1/4 cup plain flour (can be gluten free)
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds (optional)
- Chop and mix up all ingredients in your kitchen machine. I stopped my machine just before everything turned too mushy. It’s nicer when it has some texture left
- Wet your hands and form the mixture into small balls.
- Set aside into fridge for 30 min
- Then use a good heavy based non stick fry pan, and turn up to MEDIUM heat. Careful not to have the temperature up too high.
- Add the felafel balls, brown on one side
- Turn with spatula and brown the other side
- I served mine with salad although some people like to place them into wraps or pocket breads. If you are not trying to lose weight, by all means, “carb up” otherwise a fresh mixed salad is all you need with it.
- Add a blob of vegan yoghurt or tahini or chili sauce.