Lecso Risotto (for two)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thick slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon vegan stock powder
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place paprika powder into a fry pan and add 1/4 cup water. Cook the powder whilst stirring. This opens up the flavour. Keep adding water so it does not burn
- Add all the garlic and cut up vegetables, stir well to coat with the paprika
- Add a splash of water and saute for about 5 minutes
- Now add the crushed tomatoes, stock powder, salt and black pepper and 1/2 cup water
- Cover with lid to allow the vegetables to soften. This might take 5 minutes.
- Now add the cooked, drained, rinsed chickpeas and the cooked rice
- Adjust seasoning
- Stir to let the flavours mix and reheat until ready to serve.
- Serve with green side vegetables.