- 1 cup cooked brown or green lentils
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs [can be oats or gluten-free crumbs]
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mash the cooked lentils with a fork or potato masher until they are mostly broken down.
- Add the bread crumbs, onion, grated carrot, parsley, garlic, flaxseed, water, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper to the bowl with the lentils. Mix well to combine.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into patties.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Once it is hot, add the patties to the pan.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are lightly browned. Or you can bake them in the oven at 180C/350F until they are cooked through. About 15-20 minutes,
- Without oil, they do not get crispy.
- Serve the lentil patties with a salad or steamed vegetables of your choice, and maybe some pre-boiled baby potatoes.