Lentils and Baked Vegetables
Here is one of my many quick & easy combined ‘leftovers’ meals. A well-stocked fridge should always have some baked vegetables and cashew cream as staples.
This is for 3 portions. Please serve with a generous amount of green side vegetables.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegan stock powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils (could be canned, drained)
- 1 cup baked cubed vegetables of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of cashew cream (always keep some in fridge)
- Sauté onions until soft and golden in a little water
- Add crushed fresh garlic
- Add vegan stock powder and stir to caramelize the flavour
- Add lentils and baked veg and stir to heat through and mix the flavours
- Add chilli powder
- Add cashew nut cream
- Adjust seasoning
Done! Enjoy with some green side vegetables.