- 1 cup jumbo rolled oats [not instant]
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- The brine from a 380g can/tetra pack of unsalted chickpeas which was about 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Sometimes called aqua faba
- You can use some stevia to sweeten
- Switch on your oven to 110C/230F.
- Prepare an oven tray with a sheet of non-stick paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whip the aqua faba well [you could add sweetener at this point].
- When the foam is firm, carefully fold it through the dry ingredients.
- Spread this mix onto the oven tray.
- Place into oven.
- Take out after 30 minutes. Stir. Place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Turns out nice and crunchy.
- Store in airtight container for a week.
- It will lose some of its crunchy texture after a couple of days.
- Use 1/3 cupful of the ready granola per portion.