Raw Chocolate & Cashew Nut Torte
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup [gluten free] rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- A few drops vanilla
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder [is better for you than cocoa powder ]
- 1 cup almond milk
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup dates, stones removed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, not melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Get a springform cake pan which is 7″ in diameter
- Spray with a little oil
- Pulse the nuts and oats in your food processor. Don’t make it into a powder, leave a little texture.
- Then add the dates and pulse until it sticks together.
- Now press this into the cake pan and refrigerate.
- For the filling just place everything into a high speed blender until it is a thick and creamy consistency.
- Not too runny (add more dates and soaked nuts) and not too thick and gluggy (then add a splash of almond milk)
- Now pour this onto the chilled crust in the cake pan and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate overnight
- Next day: top with your chosen additions. Hemp seeds, crushed walnuts, toasted pine nuts, grated dark dairy free chocolate etc.
- Cut with a knife dipped into boiling hot water.
- Try not to eat the whole cake by yourself. It is very delicious…